I revised my zaurus.cyberphreak.com site so it is now WordPress driven. I’ll start posting some useful information there soon.by
Category Archives: Zaurus
I am merging http://web.mol.ru/~zaurus/feed/ (Cacko’s) feed with my own, so now there are over 650 packages in the zaurus feed! Now I just to to review them all to make is all more browseable and easy to access.by
Finally found a proper carrying case for my beloved Zaurus SL-6000L. It is from a company called “ThePouch.” They custom make cases for ANY portable device. Just give them the dimensions and tell them a color, and they hand make a case for you in about 10 days + shipping. Not the cheapest cases in the world, but it is neoprene and custom made, each time. They are at The Pouch
It is the ONLY carrying case out there specifically for the SL-6000.
Changed the message board over to an embedded frame. As long as it keeps working, I will leave it as it is. See the words section of you want to add your comments.
I have added some more reviews to the Zaurus software section. I will be adding a few a day until I have everything that works on the SL-6000 listed.
In other news, it must really suck to be a judge. With crazed Polish Electricians (sounds like the name of a band) gunning down your family, and violent offenders taking you out in the courtroom, I hope they get paid ok.
The new job is working out nicely, it pays nicely, and the work is interesting. When I am happy, Cyberphreak.com gets updated more. Got a new keyboard for my computer, it is a membrane type, like a laptop, with a similar arrangement. It is easy to type on, and when Tiffany need to use my computer, she likes it since it is very close to her laptop layout and feel. (This works both ways too, if I need to use her laptop.)
Well, that’s about it for now. I am having a belated birthday tomorrow, hope I get some good gifts.
Been working on a few things.
Updated Zaurus Kino2 reference, the new 0.4.2 is out, and it is pretty sweet.
I found a problem with my tutorial for encoding movies for the zaurus. The audio sync is messed up again. The only way I can get it to work is encode the video with mencoder, then use AVIDEMUX to encode the MP3. I will update the section tonight.
As a work in progress, I have most of the DVD9 to DVD5 tutorial up. A dozen or so more screenshots and it will be complete.
In the words section, I brought over a Blog entry and expanded it out a little.
Linux never ceases to amaze me, though. On my Athlon XP 2200, I was ripping/encoding a DVD, listening to OGG music, chatting online with a Java application, editing my webpage, with an FTP client open, while compiling the latest mplayer, all at the same time…on 512 meg of ram. I would love to see windows do that. The music never skipped once either 🙂